Garlic Scape Pesto
- 2-4 garlic scapes, sliced crosswise (about 10 to 12 scapes)
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds or pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- Place the garlic scapes in a food processor and pulse for 30 seconds.
- Add the sunflower seeds or pine nuts and pulse for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. (these are optional)
- Add the olive oil and process on high for 15 seconds.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the basil and lemon juice, and process until reaching the desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste and serve immediately.