Warm Beet Green Salad
- 2 to 3 beets with leafs
- 1 to 2 garlic scapes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 tablespoons of white or apple cider vinegar
- 2T olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of dill
- 1 tablespoon of parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off beet greens and wash well (these guys get pretty dirty) leave most of the stems
- Peel beets
- Roast beets @ 400 degrees whole, till firm and tender. @ 30 mins. Let beets cool till able to handle. Slice beets @ 1/8 to 1/4 thick
- Whisk together 1T honey, 3T vinegar, 1T olive oil, 1t dill, and generous amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place beet slices and 1/2 of the garlic scapes chopped in dressing and let sit in there refrigerator for at least 30 mins
- Heat skillet and add 1T of olive oil
- Add the rest of the garlic scapes and the whole beet leaves, add red pepper flakes, add 1T of vinegar and honey dressing, and sauté till tender.
- Remove from heat
- Arrange beet slices around the plate and place sautéed beet greens in center. Drizzle with some of the remaining dressing and garnish with parsley.